A Technology with the help of which Blind peoples can see and realize the things.
As we see that it is common to have eyes problem,blindness and low vision . It is world wide problem. Many peoples in the world are suffering from eye problem.This problems have come at zenith when we talk about the whole world so there are 39 million peoples are blind and 246 have low vision.This is a serious problem even then there is no proper treatment and technology for the people which can become prop for blind people.
Very soon blind people don’t need stick for going one place to another place because the Technology has come for assisting the people who are blind which is that now by Providing voice signal direct to visual contracts.
This is done by the scientists of Jerusalem Hebrew university.They succeeded in capturing outside world’s image in childhood blind people’s mind with the help of Sensory Substitute Devices.For this voice signal is transformed to visual contracts of blind people’s mind by outer equipment that helps person to understand the world around him.
Using SSD the same reactions were found in virtual contracts of blind people as common people
After completing this experiment it is sure that due to any reason people who can not see, their mind could be Raised. And then they can perform their daily routine works using virtual contracts of their mind.
This Technology is really a Gift for blind.
The Technology’s main features are:-
- Researchers taught congenitally blind adults, those who were born blind, to use sensory substitution devices , which are non-invasive sensory aids that provide visual information to the blind via their existing senses.
- After only ten of hours of training, blind people’s VWFA showed more activation for letters than for any of the other visual categories tested.
- Blind people can also use SSDs to recognize sound scapes complex type such as houses,faces, and body parts.
- In this Technology sounds are used as substitutes for light to activate the visual cortex of the brain.
- SSDs may help blind or visually-impaired individuals learn to process complex images, as done in this study, or they might be used as sensory interpreters that provide high-resolution supportive synchronous input to a visual signal arriving from an external device